- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- About 10 sliced baby carrots
- 6 red skinned potatoes diced
- About 3 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2–3 venison steaks (depending on size)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp each; dried thyme, dried oregano and dried rosemary, salt, pepper
- 2 rolls of ready made puff pastry dough
- 1 egg beaten
In large pot brown the venison and then set aside.
In the same pot sauté diced onions and carrots in about tbsp of olive oil, until onions become translucent (about 10 min). Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes. After they have been sautéed for 5 minutes add the dried herbs.
Pour in stock and add browned venison to pot. Stir everything and reduce the heat. Cover pot and allow to simmer for 1.5–2 hours.
When the venison is tender enough to break apart with spoon, turn heat up and add cornstarch mixture. Allow the sauce to thicken and simmer for about ten minutes.
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour the mixture into two 9 inch pie pans and roll crusts over mixture. Brush the piecrust with beaten egg and set into oven. Let bake for 25–30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Enjoy this awesome venison pot pie!
Powered by Facebook Comments