The Mentored Youth Hunting license will cost $7.50 and it includes spring and fall turkey (private /public), two deer tags (any deer), small game, a furbearer trapping permit and an all-species fishing license. The following are the guidelines on the program:
- An adult mentor must be at least 21 years old, have previous hunting experience and possess a valid Michigan hunting license.
- No limit on the number of youth a mentor can have with him or her in the field, leaving it at the discretion of the mentor.
- A limit of two hunting devices – bow, crossbow or firearm – per mentor.
- The youth in possession of a hunting device and engaged in the act of hunting must be within arm’s length of the mentor.
- The mentor shall ensure that the hunting device is sized appropriately to fit the physical abilities of the youth to ensure safe and responsible handling.
- The mentor will be held responsible for the youth’s actions.
- The issued deer tags under the Mentored Youth Hunting license can be used for either sex (antlered or antlerless), are not subject to antler point restriction regulations in certain parts of the state and can only be used on private land, consistent with current state law.
If you want to read a more detailed report visit MUCC’s page.
Powered by Facebook Comments